Thursday 18 September 2008

Think about it.

I am the average Malaysian, all I do different is - I choose to speak what I think – very often I feel many issues are not brought to the surface because people just don’t want to say out loud what they think for fear of being “abrasive”. At times I really feel we Malaysians are too polite. Too often we accept what is handed to us and move on… we console ourselves by saying “it’s God’s will”.

The sad truth is; more often than not we are made to become the victims of circumstances brought upon by a leader’s will that was based on some calculation of some portion of percentage on some form of payment that was originally to be made to someone else – we are made to suffer the consequences of choices that are the byproduct of some deal some higher-up made for a quick buck. What can I say? Crumbling highways that cause months of inconvenience to thousands have become almost acceptable.

As a person who believes in God, I am thought that he has made man with a conscience and free will. In the instance where we surrender our free will by blindly swallowing the hogwash that is constantly shoved down our throats, I believe we commit sin just as the person that propagates against his conscience.

There is a movement as read in the press now that discredits Pakatan’s stand on the September 16 date. Multiple leaders from the ruling government liken Anwar to the Boy that cried wolf, they say that a new government will not and cannot be formed on the fateful date (I am writing this at 8.22 pm, September 11, 2008).

I am amazed by the justification given; some have gone on to denounce the date by meticulously explaining the complicated process that has to take place for a new government to be sworn in. Some has dismissed the claims that contact has been made with the brave leaders that are to shift parties. All in the hope that nothing happens on September 16 and Anwar will loose credibility with the people.

I personally believe I would be just as happy if the change happens on October 16 or November 16 - all I have to say is, the sooner the better.

The fact of the matter is - there is a huge problem that the government needs to address. After all, here is someone (a very qualified someone) claiming he has the ability to form a new government (one that the people will accept, I must add).

The government however chooses to ignore the matter and rubbish the claims. They choose to side skirt and play-down the matter when the rest of the world is generally concerned and the population of the country have sat-up and paid attention to the claims.

All the actual action that the government has been seen to do is send it’s MPs for an educational trip overseas which it claims has nothing to do with the impending formation of the new government. Therefore officially they have done absolutely nothing to better the situation for themselves.

I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t dare expect someone who cannot do anything for himself to do anything for me.

1 comment:

PaulOS said...

I concur.

The phrase "The will of God" is a phrase used all too much to blame God as it is.

God's taken too much bashing from us "puny humans" (albeit "Hulk")

We need to recognise that the roles are reversed... we need to seek God's will in all matters first before "blaming" Him for the folly of human beings.

I resound "bangkit-bangkit (arise)" to all of us, people of the Living God.. and let us sing "Glory Hallelujah".. Arise and pray for the nation.