Wednesday 31 December 2014

31st December 2014

2014 is coming to an end and I catch myself thinking,  “Thank God and good riddance”.

It’s been a trying year all round, I’ve struggled to find my footing and I feel that I have lost much ground.

Bad choices led to bad decisions,
- short tempers to heated arguments
- plain pride and disdain to brokenness all round.

Sigh…  so, “Thank God and good riddance”.

It seems that the thing to do is to leave this year and “move on” into the next, with a hope that it’s going to be a better one. It’s tempting to resolve to not allow the repeat of mistakes, to plan ahead and leave negatives behind and move towards an optimistic vision of “fresh air and sunshine”.

Very tempting…

But yet I’m feeling a gnawing sense of futility.

The honest truth is it seems like a whole lot to get over and I know I don’t have what it takes, (God knows I didn't this year).

So here’s what I’m going to do…

In humility, I will submit. I acknowledge that as man, I have been measured and have come up short.

In faith, I know that there is a reason for my creation. In faith I know that it is this reason that will make my (yours too) life whole. I will submit to this reason.

I know it is not an easy choice to make (or a thing to do) but I also know that whatever the outcome
-       it will be one that will come with peace
-       it will be without regret and worry

I acknowledge its not going to be without challenges, but purpose will justify it.

My “resolution” if you must call it that, is to make next year my testimony to the glory of God!

I pray that a shared kiss and a hug at the stroke of midnight tonight will be enough to start me on that road to redemption.  










No comments: