Wednesday 16 February 2011

Playing by the rules.

My previous entry has sparked a lot of discussion amongst people who care for me. They are concerned that the piece, obviously hitting out at irresponsible Muslims, might incur the wrath of the authorities. 

If you haven't read it, it is basically me voicing my dissatisfaction at JAKIM for insensitively and irresponsibly capitalising on Valentine's Day (which is not a Christian celebration) for religious one ups man-ship. I personally couldn't care less for the celebration itself, but because they implicated Christianity for the sole purpose of making it look bad, I am taking the offensive to defend my beliefs and my faith. 

The country is built on a platform out lined in the constitution to among other things, uphold the rule of law, while the constitution recognises Islam as the official religion of Malaysia, it does not justify nor allow muslims to enjoy wonton bouts of verbal and intellectual diarrhea. It is not justifiable, for any person of any religion to put down another, no matter how compellingly stupid the person or group might be. 

If the tables were turned and a non Muslim commentator were to comment on how the psyche of Muslims have indeed contributed to the rise of social ills, I would expect the person to be picked up by the authorities for "inciting social unrest".

Why?

It really wouldn't matter if he had put forward a justifiable case or demonstrated a real understanding of the issues to state his case, he would be by default wrong because he had made Islam look bad. 

I'm not saying it is wrong to maliciously (or through utter ignorance/ stupidity) to put down Islam, I am saying it is wrong to put down any religion which propagates positive morals.

I am not asking for Christian commentators or commentators of any other religion to be given the privileges as Muslim commentators have, I recognise the rule of law and the enshrined position of Islam in the constitution. I am asking for authorities to recognise and enforce a minimum standard of decency.

As a Christian, I firmly believe that eternal life is only attainable through the blood of Jesus Christ. It is the fundamental truth of Christianity, yet you don't see Christians making statements saying "the rest if you are going to Hell". 

In fact you don't see Buddhists telling their Muslim brothers... " bro, I really think you are coming back as a cockroach in the next life". 

It boils down to being fair, the idiot uztazah with her biased research implicating and portraying Christianity as a religion that promotes free sex and and other forms of moral decay should be taken to task for sheer callousness, causing unrest amongst Christians across the country. 

JAKIM and its counter parts should be disbanded for sheer stupidity and ineffectiveness. If JAKIM really wanted to make a difference, may I suggest that they run "Ops Tangkap Anak Anak Datuk" in Selangor, any day of the week, at any club, pub or bar. I personally don't think that will happen any time soon, but i'll save that rant for another day.

No comments: